Founded in 2004 and headquartered in Palo Alto, California, Trusted ID bills itself as a company offering comprehensive identity theft protection. In July 2013, TrustedID was acquired by Equifax Inc. as part of its Personal Solutions business unit.
Similar to other proivders, TrustedID works to minimize customers’ risks of identity theft, along with alerting members if they suspect this crime may have already occurred. Here are some of the key features offered by TrustedID:
- Credit monitoring: Credit monitoring is one important aspect of Trusted ID’s services. TrustedID monitors each of the three credit bureaus, Experian, Equifax and TransUnion, to alert you if there have been any notable changes to your credit report.
- Identity threat score: Trusted ID provides members with an identity threat score, so they can gauge their risk of identity theft. Trusted ID determines this score in part by considering how much of your information is publicly available.
- Lost wallet protection: If you lose your wallet, TrustedID will help you cancel your cards and replace them with new ones to help you avoid becoming a victim of identity fraud.
- Black market website surveillance: TrustedID monitors black market websites to see if criminals are trying to buy or sell your personal information. The company will alert you if the monitoring indicates that your identity is at risk.
- Data breach protection: Features include monitoring of black market Internet sites and notification services.
- Customer support: The company has a customer support team on-call 24 hours a day.
- Service warranty: Like most other leading identity theft protection companies, TrustedID provides its members with a $1,000,000 service guarantee, in the event that identity theft occurs.
Membership for TrustedID’s IDEssentials package costs $10.42 a month, or $125 a year. This price is slightly more expensive than LifeLock’s comparable package and slightly less expensive than Identity Guard’s Gold package.
How to learn more
If you are looking to secure your identity with the help of an ID theft protection service, you should first take the time to research different companies. You should look for a company that can provide thorough, proactive protection at an affordable price.